Dean co-founded the law firm of Campbell Shatley in 2009. Dean’s practice focuses on advising K-12 and higher education institutions. In addition to full-time representation of education clients, his practice includes complex personnel investigations, employment law, and school litigation.
Dean has served as the past Chair of the North Carolina Council of School Attorneys and the North Carolina Council of Community College Attorneys. He also served on the executive committee of the Education Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
Dean’s experience in the field of education started well before the practice of law. Dean holds a degree in music education from Appalachian State University and he was a school teacher for several years before attending law school.
In his free time, Dean enjoys outdoor activities in western North Carolina with his family.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Education Law Section
- Past Chair, North Carolina Council of School Attorneys
- National Council of School Attorneys
- Past Chair, North Carolina Association of Community College Attorneys
- North Carolina State Personnel Commission (2006-2010)
- National Executive Committee – Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
- Advisory Board Member – Hayes School of Music, Appalachian State University
- Board Member – Asheville Area Arts Council (2006-2009)
For a list of all presentations, click here