Dean co-founded the law firm of Campbell Shatley in 2009. Dean’s practice includes a focus on education and legal training for Boards and Administrators. In addition to full-time representation of public clients, his practice includes complex personnel investigations, construction litigation, and school funding issues.
Dean is married to Jennifer and has two daughters. He enjoys outdoor activities in Western North Carolina.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Education Law Section
- North Carolina Council of School Attorneys
- North Carolina and National School Board Association
- North Carolina Association of Community College Attorneys
- North Carolina State Personnel Commission (2006-2010)
- National Executive Committee – Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
- Advisory Board Member – Hayes School of Music, Appalachian State University
- Board Member – Asheville Area Arts Council (2006-2009)
For a list of all presentations, click here