Chris has been representing and training school boards, community college trustees and their employees for over 22 years. He co-founded Campbell Shatley with Dean in 2009 and the client base has grown to in excess of 40 public entities across North Carolina with a focus in western North Carolina.
Chris has served as President of the North Carolina Council of School Attorneys and Chairman of the Education Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. He co-founded the North Carolina Council of Community College Attorneys and served as the organization’s President.
Chris’ commitment to public education is rooted in his own experiences in the public schools and higher education institutions in this State. Chris also serves as pro bono legal counsel for Children First of Buncombe County. When not in the board room or the courtroom, Chris enjoys playing drums, hiking and mountain biking with his family.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Education Law Section (Chairman 2005-06)
- North Carolina Council of School Attorneys (Chairman 2006-07)
- North Carolina and National School Board Association
- North Carolina Association of Community College Attorneys (President, 2010 – 2012)
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel – Children First of Buncombe County
For a list of all presentations, click here