John F. Henning, Jr. joined the firm in July 2014. John comes to Campbell Shatley, PLLC from Henning & Henning, P.A., a firm in Franklin, North Carolina which he co-founded in 2003 with his father. John represents municipal and education clients as full-time board attorney, and has worked in the areas of land use and zoning law, personnel matters, intergovernmental partnerships, and economic development. In addition to local government law, John’s practice has included real estate, business corporation formation and governance, and estate planning and administration.
John is married to Amber. His personal interests include golf and outdoor sports, movies and music, and writing short- and long-form fiction.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- 30th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Education Law Section and Local Government Law Section
- North Carolina Council of School Attorneys (Executive Committee Member, 2009-2013)
- North Carolina and National School Boards Association
- North Carolina Association of Municipal Attorneys
- North Carolina League of Municipalities (Planning and Environmental Legislative Action Committee Member, 2015-2017)
- Rotary International – Paul Harris Fellow
- Rotary Club of Franklin – International and Community Service Director
- Rotary Club of Franklin Charitable Foundation – Organizer, Director, VP/Secretary
For a list of all presentations, click here